Wednesday, March 2, 2011

En Memoriam

Gerald Driscoll and I weren't very close friends. We were more like friends of friends. But I always enjoyed when he was around; he was funny, and made everyone smile and feel good. He was someone who truly loved life, and I mean every bit of it. I don't think I ever saw a frown on his face, or felt an ounce of negativity come out of him. I admired and respected him for that, and his endearing personality, fun-loving with a great sense of humor, made me love him.

Today would have been his birthday. He would have been 28 years old today. I still can't believe he's gone, even though it's been years since he died. This is one instance where I can honestly say, with no hint of cliche, that the world has been robbed. It's like a hole was ripped in space when he passed, and even though he and I weren't close, I still feel that emptiness. He touched people; you could tell by the hundreds who attended his funeral.

I hope to honor him today by having a truly fantastic day. He enjoyed every moment with a smile and a laugh on his lips. That is what I strive for today. Please help me celebrate his memory by making today wonderful.

Miss you, Ger.

No comments:

Post a Comment